About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

1-3-07 Scripture - EMAIL to and from Carey my friend


Hi Carey 
    I find it very interesting that this was the scripture for 12/30/06 : 
Let us... lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and... run with perseverance that race that is set before us. --Hebrews 12:1 [NSRV]
    And for 12/31/06 one of my life verses:
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. --Psalm 91:1 [NIV]

    The more I get in to this the more I am aware of the fact that I have not been a good steward of what God has given me.  I live in this body that He made for me but I have not taken care of it at all.
    My struggle has been a 52 almost 53 year battle between me and my flesh.  It is strange to me that on this side of the struggle I am calm and confident that God will supply the strength to endure the battle and to eventually win.  My sacrifice of praise to God is to become the person He designed me to be.  To be a good steward of the gifts He has given me.  This body does not belong to me, but to God.  I can't put God off in a corner to be pulled out and used at my own discretion any more.  He has broken through to my heart and suddenly things are becoming so clear to me.   I want to be what God has wanted  me to be so that He can use me to draw others to Himself.  I am in the mission field and this work is to win the soul of someone I love.  Oh how I regret the wasted years and how I pray that God will honor the promise in Joel 2 that He will restore the years that the locust have eaten.  I not only want to lose the weight but I want to lose 30 years so that it will be obvious that only He could have done this in me.  I don't want to be like Sari, but I want to be like Sarah. 
    I am so weak in my own flesh but in this God has given me un-natural strength to press on.  To 'lay aside every weight', 'and the sin that clings so closely', and to 'run with perseverance that race that is set before me'.  I can do this with God's strength but not with my own.  I must keep my heart and mind stayed on Him who has loved me from the beginning.    
I want to reside in God's presence and be bathed in the knowledge that He is always with me giving me strength, love, and protection.  
    I have been bombarded with thoughts of all of the things that I could to do to make this process go more quickly.  But then I think of the disaster of when Abraham took things into his own hands and did not wait for God's work.  I want to live Gods love and power and not fall to the temptation to try to use my own means.  I decided to listen to Moody instead of J103 because I no longer want to be entertained or simply reminded peripherally about God.  I want to have my mind stayed on Him so that I can grow in strength of purpose.  So then EVERY lesson that I have heard at church and on the radio throughout the day, every day since the 20th has been about this situation.  I have dedicated the time I am spending on the treadmill to God, as a praise to Him.  My purpose in this has changed dramatically from being my own desire to be beautiful for God's use, to my desire to be an instrument of God for His desires. 
    I have always been so lazy because things were so easy.  Even where my voice is concerned I have never sought to hone any of the skills or talents that God has given me.  My whole life has been a pursuit for love.  All along He has patiently been there with his heart exposed to me with the offer of more love than I could ever possibly dream of or understand.  I am ashamed to admit that I wanted love on my own terms though so I took only enough of the love that Jesus gave me to be comfortable.  My flesh and it's desires again was dictating my destiny and way of life.   So it has been a battle between me and myself all along.  There was this great gift of unfathomable love given to me freely without any demands and I would or could not take it.  I am so overwhelmed with the understanding that I have already been given the love that I have sought my whole life.    If opening my heart up to the possibility of love again results in other's salvation and nothing more, then I am able to be content.     
Well Carey, I am sorry about dumping so much on you all of a sudden.  It is difficult for me to express these feelings and thoughts to just anyone, yet I find such kinship with you and I believe that you would most understand.  This has been a volcanic eruption for me and I do not want it to spill out onto anyone that it would burn.  I tried to explain to Dottie and I think I only succeeded in making her think I am off my rocker! ha!  poor Dottie!
    Anyway you don't even have to read or respond to my albeit lengthy missives.  Thanks for being my friend.




Jeanne,
I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to read what you send to me.  So much of it seems as if I’ve written it myself only… you are so much more expressive than I am.  You have such a lovely way with words that I really do think you’ve missed your calling to be a poet or a novelist.  Every time I read your letters I no longer feel alone in my quest and desires.  I thank God for you daily and pray that his hand will continue to steady your every move.  Thank you so much for sharing your life with me.
Remember that you are already beautiful for God’s will.  From here you can only become more beautiful.  That’s the wonderful thing about God.  No matter how unattractive we try to make ourselves (whether inside or out) he will still find a way to use us if it is in his will.  Maybe it’s just now God’s time for your true work to begin in his kingdom. 
Carey


OH Carey
    Thank you.  I am so glad to have someone out there that understands me also.  It is such a struggle not to burst out with all that God is doing in my life to just everyone.  I need to take great care for others and consider their needs also.  I don't want to run them over and I don't want to cause pain or strife.  I am acutely aware of what God is doing in me and the transformation that is happening.  He is calling me to be what He created me to be.  You know what my name means?  God's gracious gift.  It is the feminine of John.  There is something very strong in me that needs to live up to my name.  
    I was (as always now) listening to Moody and there was something said about God's true calling on your life.  I have had many talents and desires throughout my life.  The most prominent gift and what I thought was my calling has been to sing.  I have had a song in my heart as long as I can remember.  I have felt God's drawing me for as long as I can remember also.  This lesson I heard said something about the fact that a person would really know what their true calling was.  But I was never really sure about it - until now.  I've not ever thought of myself as a missionary.  I have been on mission trips but I did not feel that it was my calling.  I don't feel like an evangelist or someone who's purpose it is to win souls for the LORD.  I have led many people to Christ over the years but I have not truly lived the example of His love to them, not discipled them or even prayed for them.  This is the first time in my life that I have purposed to live Gods love as an example in order to lead someone to Christ.  I feel it in my bones that God wants this of me.  Now finally I believe that I have found His true calling on my life.  In saying 'yes' to Him finally, now He is able to mold me and use me.  Who knows where this will lead.  I know that it is their choice to either accept or decline God's gift of love.  But I hear their hearts crying out for it.  When they finally come to the place in their lives where they realizes that they needslove, and that they need to learn how to give and receive love.  They just do not know the Author of love, who is Christ.  I want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem any longer.  I want God to use me as He intended.  I want to be an instrument of His grace.
    I know that God loves me and can use me as I am, but I am not and have never been in His perfect will.  I have woefully neglected His temple and abused my freedom of choice and allowed my flesh to control me.  Now I have a battle with this body and it is difficult.  My every cell is screaming in the struggle to gain back control.  The flesh is so used to being satisfied and it has a huge appetite that demands satiation.  But as I am using the treadmill I am using the time to praise and worship God.  I have not felt so close to God in many years.  My spirit is anemic and weak but it is gaining strength through this.  The effort that it is taking is huge and I know that I am too weak to be doing this alone.  God is giving me strength to do this.  I have to draw from the natural strength that He gave me but that is not enough by itself.  I am strong and stubborn and willful and rebellious and yet I am lazy and weak and afraid.  This is my true self, a dichotomy of passion and uncaring.  I have the ability to do much but I have never followed through and really done anything except raising my kids the best that I could.  And in this also I know that without God it would not have been possible.  When times are good for me I am carefree and energetic and full of life but when I am knocked down and trampled on I just stay there and I am listless and uncaring.  I have never been able to walk in the middle.  It's either very high soaring like an eagle or very low wallowing like a pig in the dirt.  Well I have wallowed long enough and I am now taking flight.  Perhaps just now I am not the eagle yet, maybe something smaller and less grand, but flying none the less. 
Carey please pray with me that God will accomplish His will in my life.  Please pray that I will have the strength and wisdom to get out of the way and let Him use me.  My true heart's desire to be loved is truly fulfilled only in Him and I am so grateful and humbled that He loves me so much.  I want my desires to be His desires and my will to be His will, and my life to be His life.  I want not to put my own desires above His, my own will above His, my own life above His.  So just as I discover in my heart that thing that I so tried to crush and smother, that desire to be loved by the man of my heart, just as I discover that I have deluded myself into believing that I could kill that love, destroy it and live without my passion, I find myself wanting take this overwhelming love that I have for others and give it to Him who loves me so much more, my LORD Jesus. 

Yes LORD I give it to You and I ask humbly that you take it and take them and open their eyes to that greater love that You have for him.  I give my love to you Jesus and all of the desires of my heart, a poor gift to the King of Kings, but it is my core, my being, and my life.  It is all that I have of worth to give You.  Please LORD Please bring them into your Kingdom.  Amen.




Jeanne,
Please, oh please write a novel series.  I promise that I would buy them every one. 
Again so much of what you wrote is what has been locked in my heart with no way to express it.  I have tried to explain many times that I wasn’t sure what my true calling was because I’ve never “felt it in my bones” as you put it.  Believe it or not, many people do not understand this.  They see an “obvious” talent and they think that it should be your true calling regardless of if you feel it or not.  I can’t tell you how nice it is to hear you, once again, confirm what I have felt before.
Your third paragraph, highlighted in red, is so much what I feel that I wonder if you and I are really connected, at the brain, somehow. (If so then I want some of your writing talent.J)  It’s so strange, good but strange. I honestly feel like you know me better than I know myself. This is my true self, a dichotomy of passion and uncaring” This phrase struck me to the core because I have often thought that I am such a living breathing contradiction. 
I will pray for you.   
Thanks for sharing,
Carey


No comments:

Post a Comment