About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

05/05/11 I worship Him


The winds blew
Hail throwing itself to the earth in a fury
Lightning flashing splitting the air in vibrant white hot color
Darkness all around in the early evening when
otherwise it would be cool and calm and softly diminishing sunlight
Clouds hovering ominously heavy with the weight of the waters they hold
And I watch the power of creation, creation after the fall

And I think of the way it was meant to be
No clouds
No rain
No lightning
No hail
No twisting wind
Only sweet dew every morning

This mighty flexing
This small demonstration of His majesty
A taste of what was needed for our world to be
Yes only a taste, a small drop of His strength
Just a hint of His power
And I stand in awe
And I worship Him

Why they ask – does He allow this
I see the destruction of His creation
And I ponder that question
But I know – though He is soverign
That this too is a result of sin
Beginning from our ancestor Adam
Causing this – just another of the terrible results of the fall

When the earth crys out for His return
Groaning in the punishment it has endured
And He allows even this
Even this awful difficult situation
To show His glory
His love – so strong – that He will use it
To gain the hearts of those who are His

Is He angry with us
I think not
I think He is heartbroken over our rebellion
Over our stubbornness
Over our refusal to see Him as He is
The love that will never give up on us
who belong to Him.

And I worship Him
In the power of His might
In the storm
In the calm
In each breath
In each moment
I worship Him

No comments:

Post a Comment