About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

4/09/09



Selah, [celah], is from the primary Hebrew root word [calah] which literally means 'to hang,' and by implication to measure (weigh). This is readily understood because in Biblical history, money, food and other valuables were 'weighed' by hanging or suspending them on a type of balance (the equivalent of our measuring scale) to determine their value.

Hebrew Shalom .....  Completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord.

There is so much unrest in my spirit.  My mind is on overdrive and I’m uneasy.  It’s like an illfitting pair of pants that creep up where they don’t belong, but in public you do not get to make adjustments.
Love love why do I worship you.
Are you the source of creation or it’s outcome?
What is it in me that causes me to be so disturbed
What pain my heart causes me.
The pressure on my breast is mounting
And I have nothing for relief
Sweet yearning fills me and I weep
Is a quenching coming near?
Perhaps it’s my imagination
Perhaps just indigestion
But no ‘tis my heart
Desireing to be given out.
This pain is pleasant
Even in it’s sorrow
But can I simply surrender
And wait for my Lord’s will?

No comments:

Post a Comment