About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

04-13-07 musings


There is another wave.  I'm riding it.
I can't be satisfied with the success I've had this far.  I've got a long way to go still.
I was finding myself there, settling in where I am - glad of the victory but becoming unwilling to press on. 
In my 'dabbling' I get drawn away in minute tiny increments but drawn away none the less.
It is like the my image is reflecting my spiritual temperature.  I look and see myself still grossly obese and unfit.  I see that my flesh still has control and must be conquered over and over again to allow my spirit to rule.  It screams to me in a tantrum of rage that tells me that I am still not submitted fully to God.  It sits in wait for a moment of weakness and whispers seductively to me, or sneaks in when I am not looking and gains control because I was distracted with other things.  Much as I hate to admit it, I have not fed my spirit enough to let it have the strength to control my flesh.  My weakness is so obvious and my sin so clear and visible.  No wonder that I can not hear God when all I listen to is my own desires within.  Comfort has become my god.  Gluttony and laziness my practice. 

I do not lack the courage or the will or the desire, so what is it that I lack?  Perhaps my will is the problem, too strong and un-yielded? 
Can I walk down this road, truly forsaking ALL?  Including my own cravings?  My own lust?  My own desires?
The decision was easy when it suited my desire to feel beautiful and loved, but can I continue even if that is not the goal?
I'm so shallow and self centered, following only what I deem is suitable for my own purpose.
Carey how do I get to the place where I am yielded to God's purpose and not my own?
There is much work still to do and I truly want to become what God intended me to be. 
I had lost sight of His intentions and purpose for me.  I have been busy chasing after that satisfaction my flesh desires. 
So now I bend my will to God.  I refuse to give in to my flesh, again and again as many times as it takes.

Well I don't really want to turn you into my confessor.  It's just that there are so few that I feel really understands.....


No comments:

Post a Comment