About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

7/13/11 sunset gifts



The sunset last nite caught my attention.  There was a different yellowish golden glow around my house that was almost eerie because the windows had all been covered with condensation clouding my view.  So I went outside to see why there was such a different color at that time of day.  I walked over to where the open pasture would give me a better view of the sunset.  I could not see the sun but the golden color was coming from behind some beautiful very ethereal soft thin clouds far in the distant sky.  The colors were magnificently beautiful with glowing golden hues mingled throughout the pale blue purple and pinks of the evening sky. 
The horses were on the other side of the pasture when I walked outside but when they saw me they cantered over nearby to where I stood by the fence holding onto Hank tightly.  There's a new baby horse that's not much bigger than he is.  Of course the little guys mom was there within just a few feet of him.  He ran so beautifully, with a spring in his step – almost prancing, enjoying the open pasture and the freedom to run beside his mother.  He is a creamy reddish brown, almost auburn color and his mom was dark brown.  These are two of the new horses that they put out this week and this is my first look at them. 
What a sight.  I just drank in the beauty from the sunset to the rolling hilly mounds of green grass and lush trees that surrounds them, to the beautiful graceful forms of the horses there.  This scene so typical of almost every evening, a repeat performance of creation from the Master Artist.  Better than any painting or photograph, the panorama of light and color across the sky just took my breath away.  I stood there for a long time just watching as God painted this spectacle of unbridled loveliness. 
My heart so longs to be with Him that I ache when I see His creative handiwork.  And the gift – transient – dissipates and dims to darkness as yet another wonder is revealed in the night sky, of twinkling starlight from billions of miles away. 
This sin sick world – so astoundingly beautiful as it is – how can it compare with what is in store for us who belong to Christ?  Nothing I could ever imagine.  And yet, all my desire is just to see Him.  If this were music it would be appropriate now for a ~ selah~.  As I think about how much love it takes to allow us to go so far astray from our Maker – even though I cannot possibly have anything like a real grasp as to that amount – I understand that He would be willing to wait until the very last possible second before bringing this chapter to a close.  How He must long to give us all every opportunity to turn to Him and accept that vast love gift.  But I, in my puny selfish and micro view of it all cannot begin to encompass any kind of comprehension of the longing He has for His own.  And my speck of a life is filled to bursting with desire to draw near to Him. So the beauty draws me in...  The vast universe – His easel – portraits of His love in yearning for His bride....  He paints, and waits for who-so-ever, to come to Him.
And all of my heart cries out.... Even so, Lord, please, please come quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment