About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

4/15/09


4/15/09
Christ is everything
I am the object of His desire
I mean everything to Him
He seeks me out and draws me to Himself
Open and true with no hesitation

That He could love me so much
Is beyond my wildest dreams
But I dare to believe it
I dare to believe it

He is the object of my desire
He means everything to me
I seek Him out and draw near to Him
Open and true with no hesitation

That I could love Him so much
Is beyond my wildest dreams
But I dare to believe it
I dare to believe it
*********************************************************************************

4/15/09
Too much
So much noise surrounds us every day
We wade through it all with confusion threatening to rule
Busy at the tasks before us
No time for Truth any more

When did the burdens of this life become our God
When did escape become our idol
When did the numbness we seek become foremost
Before the One we profess to serve

Is it enough to go through the motions
To set our hands to our plows
Without heartfelt praise and adoration
Without His face before us

Bereft of Truth and Light we labor
All in vain we toil
Much to much the busyness of life
Without His love our throne.

So here we are working hard at the rules
Trying to obey and meet all the expectations
But what is it He desires of us?
To love God and love each other.
*********************************************************************************

4/15/09
So here we are working hard at the rules
Trying to obey and meet all the expectations
But what is it He desires of us?
To love God and love each other.
Trying to be light, but it’s not easy.
To him (but not sent)
What would you have me say that is light?  I know only the lightness of the Lord and my heart which is joyful in Him.  There is also heaviness because of concern; burdens for those I love.
He is my desire, the air I breathe and the fullness of my heart.  But the burning has finished.  The opening has closed and you have declined to allow God to speak to you through me as you did before.  I have not changed, you had opened your heart but have closed it again.  It is just like my church, where I pour out the things that God has given me but my efforts seem to fall flat and dissipate without accomplishing His desire.  There is a wall now that blocks me from your heart and I can no longer feel you.
I continue to pray that He will open your heart again, that He will heal your spirit and heart and show you the truth about love.
My desire is for His will, but you are not there any more.
So He has numbed my feelings a bit to protect me.  He loves me so much.

I am sailing through tunnels and see only the distant shores that might have been a place of rest.  But the Captain of the ship knows where to bring me and who will board with us.  He is trustworthy and true and will not stear me wrong.  So I rest in the comfort of that knowledge and look forward to the rest of the journey.  I am so glad that you are on this ship with me, a true mate that joins in the labor on the way.  We sing and work together with our fellows in His service.  We love Him and one another – that is the only rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment