About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

05-26-09 discovering the Strong Man



In all of my years as a child of the King I was content to live in the outer courts eating the crumbs from His table.  I had met the Lord and I knew that I was welcome and that I had been made part of the family, but because of my past and the shame of who I had been I was not able to allow myself to come any closer to the Father. 

It is strange to me that I was not even aware of this until now.  That contentment to be less than who He said I was did not seem strange.  In many ways I had thought that I had arrived and was complete.  But deep down I knew that there was so much more for me in this relationship with Him.  Christ was my portion, yet even Him I had kept at a distance, in touch with Him at my own convenience.  Many times over the years He had come to me and called me to the inner court.  But I still refused, holding out because of my own ideas of who I was supposed to be.  I lived trying to work it out on my own.  I had created or maybe just found myself in a prison of my own emotions.  But the Lord is so gracious and meets us just where we live.

When I walked down to the water’s edge and saw and heard the thundering ocean I met the Lord of Hosts.
I had been pondering the Holy of Holies and Job with his life of righteousness and how my life’s search was for the love of a strong man.  At the beach I cannot but know that You Father are it’s creator, and though like Job I am blameless through the blood of Christ, I feel You asking me where I was when the foundations of the world were created.

The veil has been torn and Your Glory is revealed to the nations.  How can we stand in your presence oh Holy Almighty God?  The blood covering – my Lord Jesus – gives me access to Your presence and I am in awe.

Seeing the ocean again brought me face to face with God’s vastness – from my small view in my little world I once again had my eyes opened to how great He is and how I was so small and yet so loved.  I was so humbled, seeing the minute perspective of my viewpoint of the sea which is so vast and majestic, I realize that my view of God had shrunk into my daily life, my desires, my roll in His plan as it related to where I was.  Coming to the sea had brought me face to face with the reality of how great He is.  It brought peace and a better understanding that He is so in control of every aspect of this world, and my life.  I have absolutely no reason to live in the anxiety of trying to be who He made me to be, or trying to orchestrate any part of His plan for my life.  He has it all under control.  Whatever hopes and dreams I could possibly have are so far less than what He has in store for me.  My desire to be loved has been met in Him.  I may continue to struggle with trying to take control back again because of the way I have lived, old habits, but I have His heart beating in me now and I am aware of it more than ever before.  The Father could never be brought down to the level of my understanding and my desires no matter how godly they would be in me, so I can let go of them all because I am realizing that He is so much greater and more Holy than I have ever imagined.  Now I have met my strong man, my rock, the one I can finally and completely give myself to because He has revealed His heart to me.  “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) The greatest love I could have asked for is mine and I am safe with Him.  I am finally safe.

Before the foundations of the earth were created He had a design for each individual throughout His-story – uniquely made like a snow flake – no two alike.  He created us knowing who we would be and how each of us would relate to Him or choose not to know Him.  It was in His divinely ordained plan with each of us for Him to reveal Himself to us in exactly the way that we would need, so that we could see Him for who He is.  As we go through our lives He shows Himself to us more and more.  When we chose to belong to Him we entered into the covenant marriage with Christ as His bride.  Our preparation for that event is the complete heart transplant – God’s heart to be exchanged for our own.

There is no formula to tell other people how to be able to know God and how to walk our walk with Him because we each have a unique walk and a unique calling and purpose for which we were created to fulfill His plan.  That plan is to bring a complete and spotless bride home for Christ His son. 

There is one Gate to enter by into the marriage feast which is to be born again, but our paths on this earth though governed by the direction of the Holy Spirit  and in agreement with the Word, will be as unique and individualized as each of us are unique and individuals.

So to some as are given gift ‘a’, others given gift ‘b’, etc. but all are given the Holy Spirit and the Word which is for direction and correction.  But our walk and our calling and how we are reached and directed is according to how He made us and the choices that we each make in combination with our life experiences, the times and the places that we live.

So for me His drawing and the means by which He brought me to His presence is very different from others.  Though we are on the same journey to His Kingdom, we take many paths, and narrow much of the time for me.  The Path being Christ, but the path being the ways of our choices in life.  Oh Lord make my way towards You.

It is not strange that I have spent the 35 years of my Christian walk in the outer courts.  Who I am and where I have come from have told me that I was unworthy.  Even though I believe with all of my heart that He died to set me free, I could not come to that freedom and I could not face my Creator without the understanding planted so long ago in my heart that has come to grow to the point that I can accept myself for what He said I am.  It has not been a lack of faith, but a lack of trust. 

So as all of the recent events in my life have come together and as my heart has been softened enough to trust Him, He brought me to the ocean so that I could see that He is strong, that He is Majesty, He is wild, fierce, powerful, and in control.  All of my fears melted as I stood wind blowing at my face, hearing the surf and smelling the sea.  And I was ushered into the Holy of Holies to stand in the presence of the Almighty.  Still feeling unworthy but knowing that He called me there, that He desired my presence with Him.  That he had longed to show me who He is and the depth of His love for me. 

The stubbornness of my heart and the fears of my life had prevented me from trusting and believing that even me, I, could be desired by such as Him.

I do not have to look for His love in the eyes of others any more.  I do not require others to be Him for me.  No one else could compare to who He is.  He is my strong man, who flexed His might before me and then tenderly drew me with arms of grace to Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment