About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

04/11/07 BLINDED


I'm often blinded by my own sight
often deafened by the sound of my own thoughts
senseless from the feelings that run through me.
Sometimes a smile wakes me from myself
or a word spoken softly draws me from my revere
but often it is just me surrounded and engulfed within.

Just now someone tells me that I have made a difference in her life.
It astounds me.
I go about life wound up in the stuff that drives my actions and often my moods
without a thought or plan or steering through this jungle.
I wonder at her comment and take a moment to reflect.
Apparently my life is not simply lived without much impact
on others outside of my circle of responsibility.

God is here; of this I am certain, solid, unquestioningly.
I on the other hand am frequently not tuned in.
I've tried to be real with everyone I meet
not wanting to add the torture of mind games to anyone
and it amazes me when people still don't get me
but I guess they are blinded by their eyes also.

How through this life quest then do I navigate?
Most of the time I can't even get other people, much less God.
Yet somehow once in a while though
I see truth, I speak truth, I hear and feel truth.
I know He is.  I get Him.
I allow Him to be inside of me and I yield.

My faith is questioned and doubted by others
but I am solid in it
long after the feelings fade and the thoughts are quieted
and my eyes are dimmed
I simply know
Why can't I just walk in this?

Busy busy busy I go through life often in a whirlwind
trying to avoid questions
not knowing answers or not wanting to know them.
It's exhausting.
Sometimes though Lord You use me
You speak through me and give light in the darkness of confused minds
You sing through me and move the earth with the depth of Your joy and mercy
You love through me and Your peace and comfort are poured out and thirstily received.

I live for these moments.
But I often run from You Lord,
chasing my own desires ignoring Your quiet pleading
to nurture and heal and mend and minister to Your people.
What is it in me that I can not live yielded to You?
It would be so lonely here without You Lord.
Please help me to be all and only Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment