About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Friday, February 10, 2012

02/02/12 step one



I have a burning question:  How do we live this Christian life?



I pity those poor souls that refuse to see and experience God from their hearts.

They would be the same ones that do not believe in true love, or they just equate love with a potentially destructive emotional entanglement.

Or they value mental capacity, knowledge and understanding, fact gathering, as higher than anything else.

Walking dictionaries.  How boring, how sad.
What kind of existence are we charging towards with this massive push to extinguish our hearts?
Say it isn’t so?  Take a closer look.  It’s everywhere.

And what better means of execution could the enemy of God use against us, whom He so dearly loves, than to abolish the very point of our connection to Him?
For all of our brilliance of mind we seem to have lost sight of just what the point is.
Shows us how much we know doesn’t it.
We must stay focused on God.  Tuned in.  Aware. Connected.

But how can we live life focused on God when we have not fallen in love with Him?
Well
My prescription....
Give in.
Let go.
Open up.
Jump off the proverbial cliff and just fall.
Yes!
Fall in love with Him.
We’ve tried everything else under the sun without any real success.
So maybe we need to go back to the first instruction:
Step one: Love God with all our heart, soul, and minds.
(following this step will lead to actions that make sin management unnecessary because ultimately we all act from our hearts even if we do not want to admit it.)
Step two: see step one, and repeat. 

Fall in love with Jesus.
Best thing you can do to be set free from everything else.
And don’t we all just want to be free?


No comments:

Post a Comment