About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

sin that I 2-18-09



There isn't one sin that I have not committed, and I've not lived without blemish.  I have been serving myself most of my life.  Even in acts of love towards others there it has usually been with selfish motives though not calculated.  I have served others out of a desire to be loved.  I have walked in pride and I've run far away from God.  I've tried to hide from God.  I've allowed my flesh to rule me.  But I belong to Him and though my life has been wrought with the consequences of my sins I have also been given much more grace than I deserve.

Most of the time I do not feel loved.  Most of the time I do not want to, I fear it, because I want love so much.
I have worshiped love and made it my idol.  At times it was God's love, but mostly it was just my own desire, my want, and my need that I was trying to satiate.

God has given me gifts, huge gifts, talent, intelect, a great capacity for love and for understanding.  He has given me discernment and wisdom and He has used me to prophesy and to lay hands on people who He has healed.  He has given me the ability to encourage and to love others far beyond my human ability to love.  He has made me both bold and fearless and I have walked in His power and felt His touch so strongly in my life.  I have not been faithful, not obedient, not patient, not kind.  I have squandered those gifts, ignored them, misused them, or abused them for my own selfishness.  I have had everything given to me and I have walked in pride.

It is difficult to stand in the front, to be in the spotlight, because the temptation is so great for me to become filled with that pride.  What I want people to know is that I do not desire being in the limelight.  I run and I run from God's call on my life because of fear, fear of failure, fear of being prideful, fear of blemishing the name of my God.  Yet He has placed in me the desire to sing and to worship and to open my heart and allow others to see me as I truly am.  It is so frightening that I get tied up in knots over the potential of failure.  But the biggest fear is the potential that I will be a failure: that I will not fulfill my calling - to bring those around me closer to God. 
I have given myself to Him a million times and taken myself back as many. 
I do not want to be seen or heard, even as my ego wants the accolades and praises of others.  So I guess it is out of fear more than anything else, that I want to praise, worship, and sing to Him the best that I can, but in the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment