About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

7-17-07 a long reply


Well I've been doing pretty well up until the past couple of weeks.  I've gained 10 lbs which is not surprising since I stopped doing the treadmill and started eating everything in sight again.  I have been exhausted lately and I can feel myself heading into another depression. 
But I have been able to recognize it and last night I thought about it.  I do not need to climb the entire mountain or swim the entire sea.  I have to draw near to God and be obedient in THIS moment. I was thinking about this friend of mine Toni.  She has a cat with 4 kittens and there is a feral kitten that looks like maybe 2 months or so older than the others who has been hanging around her house.  She is wild and untrusting and skittish.  Toni has patiently sat and taken care of the other kitties and her cat, petting and loving them and feeding them all in view of the feral.  Over time the feral has slowly gotten to the point of letting Toni feed her and pet her.  Now she is almost tame but she still has that wild look in her eyes and she is still skittish around anyone else.
I thought about drawing near to God and how He loves His children and takes care of them, lovingly feeds, clothes, and 'pets' them.  So I like the feral looking from outside seeing how much He loves them have desired to be one of them.  I have in spite of my skittish fear come close to Him and allowed Him to feed and cloth and 'pet' me.  But I have never felt like I was a real part of the 'family', born into it and fully accepted.  I am like the feral in a lot of ways still wild and skittish and fearful.  I see myself 'sneaking' in to be part of the litter hiding there among the true children.  I don't know how to allow myself to trust that God truly loves me the way I am.  I've been trying to transform myself into what I see as beautiful and lovable.
So this morning I decided that I can do 5 minutes on the treadmill.  Not because I am trying to be beautiful and lovable but because God wants me to and He loves me even if I don't obey.  It was such a revelation to me while I was walking that I am already lovable.  That I am not responsible for the end result of my obedience to Him.  I have
in my mind's eye a picture of myself thin and beautiful and attractive and therefore lovable.  But I got a flash of insight from Him that He loves me right now.  I don't have to, and can't, make myself more lovable to Him.
I have no template to go by to understand this kind of love.  I have been a failure at love all my life.
I am still feral and wild eyed and untrusting.  Even when I know He loves me I still fear rejection because I don't feel like I am part of His real family.  I wish I could live outside of my feelings.  I wish I could rise above those driving forces in my life that have ruled me entirely.
For now I have decided that I can obey Him right at this moment. I must not look beyond right now, projecting everything and becoming overwhelmed with the entire journey.
Because I know I can't do it.  I do not have the strength or will or power to do it myself.
I have made myself the point and lost track of what I am about.
I have stopped looking at Him and started looking in the mirror.
I have been swept away with the attention and praise for the results so far of what God is doing.
I've been taking the credit when it has been Him all along working in me.
All I know is that I must draw near to Him and stay as close as I can.
I must obey this moment and leave tomorrow to itself.
I must give Him the glory and praise for everything He is doing in my life.

I get depressed because I get my eyes off of Him.  I want to be loved so badly that I will do almost anything to get it.  That desire pulls me away from God and gets me into trouble every time, but I don't know how to NOT have that desire.
Outside focuses allowed me to get beyond my inward spiraling depression and self loathing.  I have a lot of knowledge and understanding but I have very little experience in how to put it to practical use.  So I'm having to learn how to 'stand therefore' having put on the amour of God.  I am having to trust in that amour, in the word of God that says it is true and trustworthy.  I am having to learn to trust that He loves me in spite of how I feel.

My heart desperately wants to feel love.  I do not trust anyone to love me as I desire to be loved.  It feels like I have too much need and not enough to give in return.  So I want to run wild eyed to hide and in fear live in the shadows.  I want to be out and be part of the family fully.  I don't know why I feel like I can't.  Words do not give me any comfort because I know and have heard all about it.
So here I am again naked and exposed, ugly and shameful, tired and needy, fighting desperately not to run away.
And I remember that I can obey THIS MOMENT and only this moment and give the rest to Him.  I know that this moment will build into more but I can't think about that.  It is too much to bear considering all that needs to be done in me.  So that is where I am.  Living right now in this moment forgetting everything else, just being His right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment