About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

6/02/09 flesh ruled no longer.



The bonds of the flesh are strong having been fed all my life.  But Christ has set me free and it is in His strength that I overcome this flesh, the world, and the enemy.

Being dead to sin raised in Christ and having the victory that He overcame the world, I also die to self with His power.

So what’s the purpose of me going through this, having come to Christ and spent all these years soaking up His Word and growing and learning about Him.  Is it not time for me to do something with all of what He has given me?  Perhaps in order to reach the next step that He has for me I must defeat the flesh and experience victory building my faith and understanding.  To what purpose He has and to what end I do not know, but I feel strongly that in order to step out and minister for Him the level of maturity reflected in my own personal walk MUST include the ability to deny this flesh, and demonstrate that His power is sufficient for even this.

Whatever ‘venue’ He desires to use me in – I must be reflective of His calling, representing Him in every attitude, in every word, in every deed, every emotion, every appearance.  The bloated flesh of dominance in one’s life is not reflective of obedience, victory, or strength of spirit in Him. 

I cannot desire the ‘looks’ for myself, but to desire to live out Him, reflecting His nature, including the fact that the flesh has no power over Him, in me.  My appearance is not who I am, but it reflects who I am, weak and self indulgent, and lazy.  It is time to overcome this flesh, by living in Him.  Abiding in His will, keeping my mind focused on Him and my heart trained on the love that He has given me.  My spirit must quake at the thought of a Mighty Awesome God and tremble at the thought of Him.  I cannot afford to allow my flesh to control me any longer.  He is calling me and I am bogged down with not only the cares of this world, but the demands of the flesh, a constant.  There is no running any race in this sluggish body.  I have the power of the Creator alive in me and it is strength that is available to me to use for His Glory, for accomplishing His will in this world.

This is the first time in at least 10 years that I am under 200 pounds.  Some of the sheding of weight has been will power, some giddiness and some from a true yearning to be closer to Him.  It is that yearning that allows me to deny the grumble coming from my stomach and the pictures that my mind parades before me of all that my flesh desires.  Those things may give fleeting pleasure, but nothing is equal to the pleasure of being in His presence.
Oh Lord let Your Spirit be ever present within me, calling me to a closer communion with You.  Draw me Lord and keep me pressed in to You and Your desire for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment