About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

03/18/11 is there hope?


What appears...
When the mountains come crashing down around me, I am helpless
When the sea comes in massive powerful waves to overtake me, I cannot outrun it
When the earth shakes and topples all the buildings I can see, I find no shelter
When unseen terror escapes to maim and take my life, I have no protection
When I look for a friend and loneliness overwhelms me, I do not find anyone

What is....
This world and this life are passing away
It is but a moment in eternity
What does my pain measure in all of time
Or my existence among the nations?
Puny and insignificant are we all
When true perspective is understood

What?....
Is there naught but despair then?
Is there meaning beyond what is seen and felt?
Does anything transcend the life that’s lived here?
What significance do I have?

Why.....
In times of great disaster, pain and suffering
One is tempted to lay blame on God.
In a sense we can see it that way
For He is in control, He is sovereign
Yet the earth was set on to the path of sin
By one man and one woman
And sin has taken it to this point
The sin is choosing self instead of God

How......
His love gave mankind the option
His love allowed us choice
But
His love provides us hope
His love sent us a savior

When hope is gone and life is too difficult to face
Yet I will praise Him, for He is God
And I am but a vapor in the wind
But He knows the number of hairs on my head
And the number of my days
He is God, and I will praise Him.

Yet I will praise You, for You are God, and there is none like You.


No comments:

Post a Comment