About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

When I look with spirit eyes. 04-28-09



            When I look with spirit eyes, I see the King of Glory sitting on a white horse off in the distant sky.  He shines brighter than the sun and His splendor is awesome to behold.  His majesty cloaks Him with brilliance and glory is His crown, jeweled with many gems of radiance never before seen.  He is magnificent in His beauty and stature.  I fall to my face to worship Him.
            Then I look into His face and see tears streaming down as He weeps.  He gazes at His kingdom below and sees a war torn battlefield and He is filled with sadness.
            And I hear His voice softly telling me to look upon the object of His love and His pain.  I tear my eyes from Him to obey though it is more difficult than I could have imagined.  But when I do I see a sea of bleeding and bruised war torn soldiers in the midst of a battle.  There are so many.  They are so damaged.  My heart is torn from my chest as I behold the destruction and devastation being played out before me.  I also begin to weep as never before for I cannot bear the pain of the scene before me. 
            Young and old gallantly holding up His standard wearing arrow pierced armor and helmets battered and bent.  Their feet are bare, belts shredded, shields crumpled and scared.  Swords are scarce and they fight with but a few weapons, yet they fight on.  There are some that have fled to the hills beyond and are hiding in the caves and crevasses of the rocky forsaken landscape.  There are bleeding and dismembered lying about with no one to comfort them, no medic in the field can be seen.
            I watch as the battle rages, attack after attack on His seemingly weak and defenseless army.  The enemy appears strong and well appointed with weapons of terror and destruction.  They shriek with glee as they feel the battle is theirs to win. 
            Then I look again and see that among the enemy's army are men with white robes and swords that appear as if they belong to my King.  I am confused and astonished.  How could this be?  But then He causes the wind to blows and their robes part and I see that they are only the skeletons of men, no flesh, no heart, nothing but anger and bitterness clothed as men of light.  These too are wielding their swords in the battle against the wounded army of the King.
            He is waiting.  He sits on His horse with tears streaming down His cheeks. He is motionless in His pain.
I look again and see that there are glorious buildings adorned with beautiful banners that bear the standard of the Prince of Peace, our King.  These buildings are beautiful and stand with brilliant light and my heart is filled with hope.  But then as the doors are opened and I see inside that there is a multitude of warriors sitting feasting languishing in the light and warmth of this sanctuary.  But they have grown fat and lazy and are no longer fitted for war.  They have laid aside their armor and have put on their leisure apparel.  They lay and feast at the tables spread before them.  The tables are filled with all manner of wonderful food and drink.  There is plenty, more than all of them could consume.  It is a joyless feast however.  They have eaten and drank their fill and are still looking for entertainment as they seek to have their flesh fed even more. 
            My Lord still looks on in anguish as He sees His people wasting what He has given them.  He is angry that His house is so misused.  But He makes no move to correct the problem.  He stays my hand also telling me to just watch for now.  I am overwhelmed with grief at what I am seeing but I obey.
            Then He shows me that there are a few within the walls of these sanctuaries that still serve, who go among the others encouraging them to take up their weapons for battle with their brothers.  Some are serving, some are praying, some are worshiping and singing, some are declaring the Words of our Master and King.  The throng soaks up these offerings yet they sit stagnant in their selfishness.  They ignore the battle outside of the walls.  They deny any recognition of it, and do not acknowledge its existence.
            A few of the most diligent servants also go out to reach the wounded who are still fighting and bring them in to minister to them.  But the others look at them in distain, disgusted with their dirty and ravaged condition and so do not welcome them in.  They recite rules and make cumbersome requirements for the need of clean and correct apparel, the appropriate actions, the necessary sanctification.  Then when the warriors are not compliant they turn them away in disgust.  They do not measure up, they are not the same, not good enough.  They close their doors and their ranks.  Very soon the wounded soldiers leave to go back into the battle having received small if any, relief, no healing, no respite from their labors and the fight.  There are many of these buildings all throughout the land but they are filled with those that are oblivious to the destruction without their doors.
            New soldiers arrive in these halls as a result of the labors of yet other true servants.  They are young and excited but ill equipped, unproven, and yet they are also eager to serve the King.  Some however shortly leave disillusioned by what they find there.  Some join the feasting ones there, enamored by the abundance that they have found.  Some stay but a little while and then they also eagerly go out to join the battle, but they are unprepared for the onslaught and ravages of the raging war and soon they also leave the battle in search of refuge.  Others who are encouraged by the servants to join the feast, to build up their strength, and then once fitted with proper armor, they are trained for the warfare, and once tested are sent out into the battle.  These few are the true warriors that go fully aware of the enemy and his power, yet they also know that the King has equipped and enabled them and fitted them with all that they need to stand against His enemy.  These are the captains that He sends out, who lead, who battle, who do not falter.  They know that the battle is His, already won.
            But they are few and I wonder for the many wounded where are the reinforcements?  Where are the medics?  Where is true sanctuary?  Only a few small places can be found where the wounded are welcomed and tended to and truly cared for.  These places are shabby well used, not adorned or crafted with great beauty.  But in them are warm fires, food aplenty, fresh water and the soothing balm of comfort and healing ministered by the workers within.  There are only a few faithful workers but they lovingly labor and do not grow weary.  They wear the robes of servants and humbly give aid to the few who find them.  Too few find them.  There are not enough of these hostels of hope and comfort.
            The battle rages on, the warriors continue the fight, the few give aid, the King weeps.  Who will be His servants ministering to the true warriors to His Majesty?  Who will give aid to the wounded and battle-worn, the abandoned and orphaned soldiers of Him whom we serve and love?  Where is the sanctuary that we can bring them in - to pour on them the balm- the oil of His healing, cover them with a blanket of His love, feed them with the bread of His broken body and serve them the wine of His blood.  Who will serve the wounded?  Who will minister His love to these abandoned?  Who will care for these orphaned?
           
            So I see as He has shown me, the awful condition of the church today.  I ache to draw the wounded orphaned and abandoned soldiers of His army into a sanctuary of His love.  Lord what would You have me do?  How and where shall I go to serve You?  Send me the battered, torn, and bleeding that the church has turned her face away from.  Let me pour Your oil on their wounds and be the balm to tend to their bruised bodies, let me cover them with a blanket of Your love and touch them with the healing of Your heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment