About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

06/10/11 grateful heart


Sometimes all I can say is thank you
And it’s so woefully inadequate
But that’s all I have
Well
I have me..  that is, I’ve given me
And it seems to be inadequate if I think in old ways
Now days my eyes are open to the truth of who you have made me
My ears hear your voice as you whisper my name
The name that you call me
And even in my astonishment and awe, I recognize it as who I am
Thank you
Thank you for the fleeting moments of your extravagant sunset paintings, sculptured onto the evening sky
Thank you for the musical symphonies I hear in my garden that move my soul
Thank you for the sweet intoxicating perfume of roses in bloom
Thank you for the thundering voice of the sea as it worships you
Thank you for the mischievous joy dancing in Levi’s eyes as he looks at his mom with love
Thank you for the depth of love in Jeremy’s eyes streaming from his tender heart, when he beholds his bride
Thank you for the testimony of their marriage, demonstrating the great mystery of our union with you.
Thank you for the friendship and the deep connection you’ve given me with Tracy
My cup surely does run over, spilling out onto a lavish carpet of green meadow grass before me
These things are transient and temporary, yet gifts beyond price.
Thank you
Thank you that eternity calls to me
And your love has taken hold of my heart forever
Thank you for painful trials and the depth of trust you have shown me through them
Thank you for breath and life and faith, and hope, and love.
Thank you for freedom
To be who you made me to be
To love with abandon as you do
To know the strength of yielding
And the sweetness of longing
Thank you for the future you have for me
Thank you for my scars and wounds
Thank you that the veil is lifted and I can see them as they are, beautiful to you
Thank you for the incomprehensible privilege of bearing your name
The honor of being chosen, the unfathomable amazement and bubbling awestruck joy at the thought of it
Thank you that I am yours forever
Yes.
My answer to your call is yes
I am yours forever
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment