About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

2/22/12 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.



Reading through the things I’ve written these last few years I see such huge growth
I’m so honored and humbled by his love
To finally know
Really know
Brings tears to my eyes
It’s overwhelming to be so loved...
And the amazing thing is that I feel so secure in it
It’s not like anything I’ve ever experienced before
Part of me fears losing it because nothing else has ever been this good.
But that's just the thing, I know I can't
It’s not fleeting like every other good thing I’ve ever had in my life.
I have to learn to rest in it.  I am learning to trust this connection with God more and more.
I’ve never been able to do that before
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD Psalm 46:10
It makes me look at my life differently.
Personal battles that have long plagued me...my weight and the way I look have bothered me.
I want to do something, whatever it takes.  My health, knowing that I’m the place where His love resides could burden me with the weight of guilt like it has for years, without the solid connection of knowing that love.
And I could run ahead and work on me.  I could do what I’ve always done with my stubborn strength.
But I have to wait...
Because the problem, contrary to popular opinion, is not as simple as over eating and under exercising: The problem is being out of balance.
We are spiritual beings, physical follows spiritual. 
I’m growing spiritually. 
I’ve been anemic in my connection with God and the love that is available to me.
So I’ve got to give myself time to allow my physical forms to align with the spiritual connection, with my heart. My heart was so wounded that my body could not overcome the pain and be whole.  My spirit had to be healed; my heart had to be open to that healing.  My soul – heart and spirit – connected to Jesus made the difference, allowing the love to penetrate, finally.

It’s funny to think that all these years as a believer, my heart was not connected
I was connected, but not via my heart because my heart was not open.  The wonderful thing though, is that he was with me. He is faithful, so faithful.
So all along he was there, waiting patiently until I let him in where he needed to be in order for me to be who I truly am.  In order to be healed and whole.
And now, now it’s so utterly different.
This is more solid than anything has ever been, more true
I know I can stand on it

So why do I still indulge in over eating or whatever?
Maybe it’s old habits?
Or not listening to that voice
But he is so patient
My flesh has been used to getting its way
Paul said it like this: Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Romans 7:20
His explanation sounded so legalistic to me
Yet now I understand.
The voice of love from my heart is so soft and humble that my screaming flesh drowns it out if I am not listening.
I think that it's a matter of me focusing on the right voice: learning discerning staying in the connection.
So my job is not to work on me, it's to work on listening, hearing Jesus voice better
I want to hear it
I want to know this love, more and more.
I want to live in it
And nothing I do externally can make that happen for me

I’ve conquered that fleshly kind of thing before over and over with sheer will power, and believe me; I have a very strong will.
But it does not last because of where it is built from.
It’s not built on the security of love
And so it's worthless..... as is everything else built from anything other than that connection, that love.

There are people dropping like flies, going to hell at breakneck speed because they find no hope.
No hope in life, no hope for their wounded hearts.
That - right there - is the reason for the 'great commission'. 
To go into the world and tell everyone – it's to tell them that there is hope.
Love is available. Their hearts can be healed

It is not difficult to share this love with those who are hungry.
It’s not a chore.  And it’s not an invitation to bondage.
It truly is the good news, the answer, the way, the truth, the light to our paths.
Jesus is love walking.
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  1 John 4:8

We need to get out of our heads and open our hearts to be free.
Truth is freedom. 
Love is Truth.

Just like the Trinity
Faith, Hope, and Love – these three remain.  But the greatest of these is Love.
You think maybe Paul was on to something here?????



Synonyms for the name God:
Love
Jesus
Truth
Hope
Light
Freedom
Life
Peace

[this list is soooo not exhaustive.....  hahaha.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment