About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

05/23/11 undescribable love


What is this love
This overwhelming joy
How can I describe it
The overflowing of my heart
Unseen untouched unheard yet known
Closer and more intimate than lovers
You draw me into the very heart of you
And hold me there in bliss
I fear to run and flee the wonder
So great to comprehend
Yet I cannot turn away my heart
So blessedly wooed and won

Oh Lord of Glory Prince of Peace
Oh Morning Star my Champion
This treasured bliss I can’t express
Filled longing and desire
Devotion comes so short
Love just a four letter word
In my attempt to lay it out
How rapt my heart’s been given
I cannot call you God again
And Lover incomplete
My soul, my heart, my dreams and joy
You’re everything I need

And yet you give even more to me
A gift long sought and dreamt
Of human arms for warmth and strength
Of comfort to be joined as one
For expression of worship in passion deep
A holy love to share
To walk this earth together
In the presence of our King
Us two becoming one with you
Eyes filled with joyous tears
To ponder such a gift you’ve given
In wonder of your great heart.

My heart is overcome with joy
Cup fully overflowing
Breathing deeply of your fragrance
Quietly listening to your voice
Trusting hearts together
Placed in your strong firm hands
Securely cared for in that place
Of comfort peace and love
Together steeped in joy
Unfathomable oceans of your essence
No, words cannot describe
The wonder of you Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment