About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

12-20-06 Clarity

  
My thoughts were so good  this morning that I had to share.
I was feeling such pain in my heart yesterday and the night before and I thought, 'I wonder if God's heart hurts like this for us?' 
How He must yearn for us to be close to Him.  
You know that ALL of creation is a big neon sign pointing to God, to tell us that He loves us and wants to be with us. (that is the yearning part).  Everywhere we look is a message of love from God.
So I had the realization this morning that YES since He made us and He made us the way we are of course He wants us to use the gifts He has given us to bring others to Him.  That means all of the gifts He gave us, our talents, beauty, intellect, strength, our weaknesses, and our ability to attract men.
I don't think that the picture of us being the bride is a chance image.  The marriage of men and women is the image of what He wants the intimate nature of our relationship to be with Him.  The closeness He desires to share with us.
Obviously there is a huge difference in how men are drawn to us but that is also something that He made in us so it has to be a gift to use for His glory. 
This is tricky for us because of the culture we live in but I was thinking about the OT women who were used by God and I see that it can be done with a pure heart and with His strength. 
The key is the relationship with Him must be so close, so very close that nothing gets in between.
I thought, God made all mankind to be responders and He made women especially to be nurturers (even if we don't want to admit it). 
When He creates women like us and gives us more than that type of nature there is a reason.  
It is not by chance that you and I know each other.  
I wish that I could have had your fortitude and remained pure.  
But that is water under the bridge.  
For now I know the answer.  
It is for such a time as this.  
Like Deborah, how would a culture of people who did not esteem women submit to her as a judge.  
She was a women like us with strong will and she allowed God to use her, the gifts she was given, for His glory.  
I don't know if this is making any sense as I am putting it down but it does in my mind and spirit.  
There is light now and I understand that we are exactly as God intended us to be.  
So if the shoe fits I guess we need to put it on and walk in it.  
As I said though it only works when He is the one leading.  
So do you have a treadmill?  And can you think of another woman in the Bible that fits this image of strength but also submission to God and obedience to Him in how her gifts were used?

I am like a kid in a candy store just waiting to see what is next in your life! 

As for me, I feel like Sarah and I am laughing!

I was bought with a price so I will not give myself to anyone but the One who purchased me. 
Therefore unless He is in the heart of a man I will not be joined with him. 
I do not know if there is someone for me but if so I will know how to show him God's love and allow him to learn how to accept it. 
This will not be easy for me but I do not believe that God would have begun this if He did not equip me for it. 
Talk about living your faith!  I can not simply talk about it.  Oh I must stay on my face before Him. 

Oh now I am wondering about laying at the feet of an old distant cousin-stranger???
Lots of imagery going through my mind! 

So do you have a treadmill?  Are you ready to go there too?
Let us prepare ourselves for the next gift from Him who loves us so deeply.

With gifts come responsibility,
with seeking comes insight,
with obedience comes favor,
with diligence comes strength of purpose,
and with submission comes freedom, hope, and joy!




01/02/07
  I am so blessed and I want to share it with everyone.  God has brought me through the refinement of the despair of about 30 seasons.  And I believe he is going to restore to me the years stolen by the locust. (Joel)  So I am going to honor Him by working to be the person He intended me to be.  I don't want to put God in a corner (to bring Him out only when it suits me) any longer.  I am saying 'yes' to Him now.  I think I am finally ready to be that person that He wants me to be.  Glory to Him!  Thank You Jesus for loving me and giving me strength.  For His name sake I choose life and come what may I will honor Him with all my praises and no longer allow my body to dictate who I am.  I denounce the fear that I have been living in for these many years and I embrace the faith to be in Him for Him, and with Him who loved me first.  The preparation was all for such a time as this: to give Him glory! 

Lord please use me to bring people to you, and to bring Your people closer to you.  Please give me the honor of being an instrument of Your grace and love, to be a living demonstration of the power of Your love for us.  AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment