About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

4/13/09



Last night in my dreams there were two instances of great sacrifice being given for great love, the body of each man became the torment of many enduring this for the sake of the greater good, loving enough to pay the ultimate price.
Then I was faced with the question of my desire for Truth or my desire to be loved.  I awoke - half awake - speaking the word TRUTH, my choice made.
Tears flowing I asked if this was then my lot, to live without that great love that my heart so desired, and there was no answer but I had chosen and would not recant.  I desire Truth above all else and always will.
Then I thought of the sacrifice that must be made for love - that perhaps my love must be sacrificed for the greater good?  I asked Father is it so?   
But then no, Jesus gave that price and no other is required or needed.  I believe that His sacrifice was enough.  Am I being tried?  Is my love being asked of me like Abraham’s sacrifice of his son?   
Does it matter?  If I am willing to forgo God’s will for my own what good is it? 
Sadness looms because I catch a glimpse of myself living that life with my choice made for self rather than God, unsatisfactory, sad, and unfulfilled still.  There is nothing I can do that will bring peace than the choosing of Truth.
So peace came, unsettled but peace.  I do not know if this is of God or not.  I slept little but without the drugs and I knew that I must detox in order to hear God’s voice in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment