About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

06/03/11 I wait



My heart, my longing lonely heart
How do I live with this yearning
How does one function when incomplete
When nothing fills the want within

I was so alone and lost in my despair
And you came to me full of promise
Whispers of freedom from the pain
Dreams of a union never broken

Woven in the fabric of my being
Desire now stirred to hope
You asked for my hand
Humble and tender

Your words of love so grand
But deep and soft yet strong
How could I but consent
For this dream long sought invited

The joy of invitation into your life
The anticipation of glad union
The dream of happily ever after
And fulfillment of desires

Long nights I have awaited
To be held in loving arms
And look into your eyes
At last to be fully known

Yet you have gone away
It is needful you have said
For our future and glad happiness
I must go and ready our home

And so I wait for you
Long years of love sick longing
Heart yearning for the moment
That we might be as one

I do not doubt your promise
Of return and solemn vow
But often it seems a dream
That loneliness contrived

For years have gone by now
And the joy has somehow faded
I look out over sea and mountain
Still searching for your return

The dullness of my world
Lost spark of hope now dimming
Turns into resignation
To a life lived without you

Some small glimpse occurs
Every now and then
When I look at some sweet gift
Small symbol of our future

But the yearning only grows
As bitter sweet memories brought
When I see that light in others
In the flower of their delight

I wait for you beloved
In painful silent yearning
And faded dreams of togetherness
Deep longing never sated

I hope
I yearn
I wait

No comments:

Post a Comment