About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

05-22-09 Nails in the coffin of my heart


Nails in the coffin of my heart.

In a story of my life I cannot tell it without the background of the circumstances of my birth, and my family of origin.  It is difficult to tell this story because of the potential for pain in those who are still with us and who I love.  Truth is something that compels us though, so I will endeavor to be as honest and as kind as I am able.

1st nail: Abandonment first degree.
I have gathered information over the years at opportune moments when it would not usually be available.  My biological father is someone named Doug.  I have never met him.  He is only a name and a concept to me.  I have a photograph of him with my mother and my older brother.  My mother was pregnant with me.  I believe that was the last time we were all together.  He was wearing an Air force uniform.  I have no details about him.  But this man who fathered me has haunted me all my life because I have wanted to know why he did not want me.  Orphaned and unwanted was how I had always felt because of him until I met the King of Kings and finally understood that He wanted me enough to adopt me into His family and make me one of His children, a full heir to His kingdom.

2nd nail: Abuse first degree.  Abandonment second degree.
My mother is at any given moment unable to address her past, or spewing it in all directions.  She has never learned boundaries, social, physical, or any other.  For the most part she does not or can not go back there and chooses instead to spend her time in a self made world of being busy.  I cannot blame her.  We share a common abuser; however I was spared the depth and length of abuse that she endured.  Her life is one of deep pain that so far has been untouched by any truth or love - even God's.  She has never known what it is to be loved though she has been loved.  Her ability to feel it has been disengaged in order to protect her from her great pain.  I understand this way of thinking and feeling.  But I know the way of escape, His name is Jesus.  She does not.

3rd nail: Abuse second degree.
During my grade school years I was not only abused by my grandfather, but by what I will call inappropriateness from multiple young men.  It is not necessary to name names or circumstances other than to say that people that should have been in my corner were not, and strangers masquerading as friends should have remained strangers.  Children are cruel and given the opportunity will 'experiment' with one another.  When this happens it is usually not done out of curiosity and there is always one who has a dominating part in it.  This makes the other child a victim though willing for the sake of 'friendship'.  I was a repeated victim of multiple young boys over many years.  Not because I was weak or unable to protect myself, but because I chose participation over rejection.  These acts may be viewed as childhood playing teasing or mischief by some adults but I assure you that they had taken their toll on my view of myself.  Fortunately I am free now through the liberating Love of Jesus Christ's never-ending abounding compassion and desire to have as me His own.  There is a LOT to be said for being desired pursued and loved by Almighty God that much!

4th nail: Self loathing first degree and second degree.
This one might not have made the list until I thought about the global effect that my feelings about myself have had on me throughout my life.  It is difficult to say the differences between first and second degree self loathing.  One never knows like, the chicken and the egg, which came first.  However the end effect is that from my own view of myself I have not measured up for a multitude of reasons.  From the view of how I feel others perceive me I did not measure up either.  If I do not see in myself what God created then I see only what man would have me believe, that I am nothing and have no purpose.  Feelings are not usually a standard for measuring one's worth.  Looking from in here however they are all that matters.  Years of hearing that I am less than I should be, being treated like I have no value, and reinforcing it within myself with my own insecurities and unreachable standards have been a constant brainwashing of self loathing.  There is only one way to get out of this.  I have tried scientology, yoga, meditation, new age thinking and any number of other humanistic ways to change this self image.  Bogus all of them!  Jesus Christ our creator is the one with the recipe; God created us in His image, breathed life into us and called us His children.  His Word is the only standard where Truth can be found.  He has instructed me to put His Word into my heart and meditate on it day and night.  The reason is so that I will know myself through His perspective and have a right view of who I truly am.  Yes I am wonderfully and fearfully made, knit together in my mother’s womb with His design that was conceived before the foundations of the earth.  Having a purpose that He created only me for, and gave me everything that I need to fulfill.  I have been born into sin but born again into an eternity of love from a Father that had a desire for me long before the earth was created.  I am worth more than I can ever fathom when I see myself through His eyes.

There are more nails but for now I think that is sufficient.  Maybe I'll add them later to this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment