About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

2-13-07 greetings (email to my friend Carey)


Well hello my friend.
I am wondering how you are doing.
My progress is astounding. Everything inside is changing my outside!

I had a wonderful long talk with your mom on Sunday.
She is so precious!
I just wanted to tell you that I intend to be a 'visiting nurse' for her after her surgery. 
I plan to stop by after work every day to check on her.  She said you were torn up about not being able to be there for her so I just wanted to help out some.

Psalm 24:14 scripture for today:
Wait for the LORD: be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

So It is crazy how my life has been.  I was looking at some old photographs of when I was in my 20's.  I can't believe how I looked.  What's more is that I can't believe how I felt about myself when I looked like that.  Isn't it strange. 
I have lived under the shadow of abuse and low self esteem all of my life and even though there was that element of knowing how much God had given me I was only able to walk in a very marginal way as who He intended me to be. 
It amazes me and thrills me that He has healed my heart so that I am able not only to see what He intended but to begin to walk in it fully.
I have been led by emotional bondage forever.  Now I have been set free.
How do I know this?  Because I understand now where the foundation is for my life.
It is not in how someone else sees me.
It is not in being loved by someone else.
It is not in my accomplishments.
It is not in my own strength.

It is in how Jesus sees me.
It is in being loved by the King.
It is in His accomplishments for me.
It is in His strength.

So the subtle shift of the universe has rocked my world.
Interestingly nothing has changed but my perspective.
Our lesson this week was on the beatitudes.
I was bad and had not read the homework but on the way to church Sunday I realized that meekness is power under control. 
Jesus the master of the universe and beyond came to live with us and love us and show us the way. 
He is Power restrained by love.  How can I fathom the amount of love it took for Him to do what He did and not call upon His awesome power. 
I think I have worshiped love all of my life.  I have certainly sought it all of my life.
Even the distortion of my perception of love was more than I had hoped for.
I have always used whatever I could to get that love.  I guess you could say that I prostituted myself for it.  I craved it more than the air needed to sustain my life.  Deep down I did not feel worthy of anyone's love and so I set about to create someone loveable of myself.  I perverted the person that I was supposed to be and became who I thought I should be in order to be loved.
I have never actually admitted that even to myself before.  But now it is so clear to me.  Even becoming a Christian was part of that.  I just sit here and shake my head somewhat in shock............................

Anyway:  The love that Jesus offered to me has broken through and finally now I understand.  It is something that has been put into words before and even words that I have spoken but the meaning has never before been so clear and deep. 
Jesus is the King of romance.
Jesus is power subdued by love for me.

Sometimes I am so silly and so dumb I can't stand it.
My mind races over words spoken and deeds done in my life to see what harm I have caused. 
How I long for a 'do-over' of my life, only if I could have known this. 
Wow to me and my unclean heart and mouth. 
But:
How sweet the taste of life nourishing love that forgiveness is. 
How hard to look back through time and recall the destruction that occurred at my hand. 
How amazing the tender caress of the whispered voice of my Jesus telling me that He will take the blame and make it right. 
How my heart melts in wonder of the love it requires to do such a thing. 
What joy to imagine hope for a clean heart and a new chance of life.  
Is there anything more powerful than this love?  
No. 

Oh Carey, may our hearts never be led away again by the temptation of a love that is not from Him.

I do desire to have a man to love, someone to put my arms around, to kiss and share myself with, but I do not know how to love.
I have only known selfish love that reaches out to have my own desires met.
I do not know how to be in a relationship.   I have only known relationships of manipulation domination and struggle.
I have no idea how to belong to God and also give myself to another person at the same time.  I have only known self.
It terrifies me. 
Not because of being hurt by a person anymore, but because I do not want any other love to draw me away from my Jesus. 
I know that it is possible to belong to God and have a mate and give fully to them.  I just don't trust myself to be able to do it. 
I crave love so much that I had hidden for all these years behind my fat and behind my kids and behind a mask of Christianity and behind my work. 
Now I have come out from behind all of that and I am blown away by this freedom.  
I do not know if I can handle it but obviously God believes in me or it would not have happened - right? 
This is power that I have never known before. 
This is awareness of truth and position and strength that takes maturity to wield. 
This is no manipulation or smoke and mirrors performance. 
This is dynamite and I am the fuse. 
Wow the responsibility! 
I am terrified. 
My only choice is to be as close to Jesus as I can be. 
I tremble and shake my head in awe, to be trusted with this. 

My friend, I am undone.
All that I am and ever was, the very fiber of my being has sought for this love. 
Now found I am at a loss as to where next to go in this journey.


Blessings
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment