About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

06/02/11 Eden



Tell me again about Eden Father
How you made from nothing all that I can see
The beauty and magnificence of your imagination
The smells and sounds and sights your love conceived

Tell me Daddy how you created light
And hung the stars in the night sky
How heaven and earth were divided
And the sun began its shining

I want to hear of land and sea
And creatures you have made
How turtles got those speckled eyes
And lovely lacy jellyfish tendrils

And what about the colors
What made you think of orange blue and red
With all the shades that are in between
And black and white and yellow

Oh please tell again about the flowers
The delicate pedals with such fragrance
And trees so tall to touch the sky
Deep roots within the earth

But don’t forget the special part
Where you created man
And walked with him amid the splendor
For hours and hours on end

Then whisper about Eve please Daddy
Her majesty and beauty
What secrets that you placed in her
As part of Adam’s form

I want to know what I will see
How every sense is fed
And longing will not own my heart
Where there’s no more a sense of dread

Cause I know you’ve not forgotten
The way things used to be
And one day it will be again
When your kingdom is restored

It’s been so long since then Father
I cannot picture it any more
This winter life makes clouded view
And the dream stolen by our pain

But just like springtime comes each year
Your kingdom will be again
When all have come who are your own
And your Son is on the throne


No comments:

Post a Comment