About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, February 13, 2012

it hurts my heart to go back and read some of this old stuff....

this was from 12-14-2004:  Dark Wars

On 'normal' days I stand full armor and take the hits with little effect.   Not today.  My mind races to try to find that place of comfort to no avail.  I am getting lost again.  Tired of the clichés to buck up and be strong.  How else could I have made it this far if I weren't strong?  I have the armor, the faith, the knowledge.  But I need help.  It is not enough, just me alone.  Long years I have fought this battle and stood my ground.  Well perhaps losing ground and maybe gaining here and there.  I have lost sight of the place it is supposed to be.  Where is my aide?  I can not do it alone.  Despair.  Strength I have had and used up.  Fear attacks and I flail in my attempt to fend it off.  How do I continue to fight?  There is little left of me.  If I close my eyes I can see the legions that attack me.  Full legions of enemy flying diving biting clawing and burning me.  I am lost.  Is this God?  Am I to surrender to it?  The map is distorted and unclear.  Where is the reinforcement that feeds my soul and soothes the grief?  What should I do?  I have no companion here.  I know God.  I belong to Jesus and He is with me but I can not see Him or feel His presence any longer.  Surely He is here with me.  There is a deep knowing that I am His but my eyes are blind to Him and I feel so alone.  I can not talk of the battle with anyone.  I am attacked and derided with scorn from my fellows.  There is no understanding for my comfort.  Why do I face this battle alone?  Can there be no one to stand with me?  No I fight alone in a field of fog and hopeless doom.  No eyes to see the direction of attack and even my best weapons are useless against it.  These weapons that have kept me for so long.  They are worn and patched now.  Broken and tired, I fear defeat.  I long for rest and there is none.  I know my God IS, and that He loves me but I do not feel it or see it.  There are no nurses for my wounds and no surgeon able to heal me.  I scream for help and yet my voice is silent.  I search blindly feeling my way and stumbling run trying to escape it.  They are near me and I am afraid of being devoured.  It is very dark.  There is no water to drink and no warmth for my bones.  Who can love me.  There is no one.  I am scared and disfigured with wounds that have festered and scabbed.  They have not healed, and are just hidden beneath the surface.  They are poison and will continue to hurt me forever.

Metaphors are so easily described.  What is it really?  I do not feel loved.  I do not feel worthy of love.  I do not feel that there is anyone who has enough strength to love me with the enormity of my need.  I feel alone and I am very lonely.  I can not escape the despair that my thoughts take me to.  Prayer is not hopeful or helpful to me now and I can not read or study it away.  There is no one that understands or has enough patience to try.  I feel abandoned again.  I can not feel God's presence and I am so lonely for Him.  He is the only one with the strength and love enough for me.   No man has been able to give me the love I need. 


I look at these words and see my depression clearly.  None of the answers I know of can fix me.  I am so tired of this constant pressure on my heart and head.  There is not easily answered.  No I have tried all of them and they are only a band aid to the huge surgery needed for my heart.   Often I feel that it is not worth the fight and I want to give up.  Oh but that is not allowed so I just try to numb myself with my medication and distract myself with all the stuff around me.   Usually I can occupy my brain enough.  But there are times that it does not work.  Like now.  I am so strong and yet it is barely enough for me to keep myself contained.  I am strong.  I have been able to do this for such a long time.  But I am so tired, so weary, so used up and exhausted now. 

If you read this please do not be kind to me.  I can't take it.  It makes me reach out for hope that is not there.  The depth of my need will destroy you.  It will consume you and suck you into the black hole that is my pain.  I do not wish to draw anyone in.  I can not keep you safe here with me.  I do not want anyone else to hurt this way.

Yes I know.  I read this and observe one very disturbed person.  It is ok.  I am not asking for help.  Please do Not try to help.  I only ask to be able to share and have someone to know how it is with me.  That does not mean to understand me, just that I am this way.  And NO I am NOT suicidal.  I have called the psychologist.  I will get help.
There now.  I have vented some of the poison and there is a bit of relief.  It will be ok for another little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment