About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

a gem from February 26, 2008

So if you haven't figured it out by now, I am a believer. I love God. I have trusted Jesus Christ for my salvation and I have a place in heaven for eternity.
My life has not always been great. I've had, like everyone else out there, times of sadness and difficulties. But as I look back over my life I see where the hand of God has moved and how He has taken care of me in spite of my own dumb choices. I have done a lot of writing over the years. Most of it is cathartic and not worth the read. But some gems have fallen out and I'll try to share those that might be something that others can relate to.
Here's one of them from Tuesday, February 26, 2008



Current mood: loved
Category: Friends

From time to time I know that I am loved

And I see the hand of God within those eyes

I feel the warmth of others with a hug

In simple words of encouragement my heart flies

I don't know why the negative seems to rule

For most of us those things just stick like glue

And forgotten is the sweetness given to us

With loving thoughts and caring as a rule

But right now I do feel very loved

By friends and family near and far away

Sometimes my eyes are open up to You and

The brightness that you give me lights my day

No comments:

Post a Comment