About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Friday, March 23, 2012

3/23/12 light


Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105, NLT


It occurs to me that David was closest to God when he was young and innocent but also then later when his life was in turmoil and he was under constant attack.  He was God's darling, but this passionate man made a lot of mistakes.


OK then.


I get it.  The point must be that if I become too comfortable, complacent and content with where I am perhaps I too will lose sight of God's place in my life.  But it sure feels like there is a point where the least bit of additional pressure will push me over into the wrong path.  Is this how it's supposed to be, what it means?


And yes your word is the guide and the light for my path.....


But I cannot simply read your word Jesus, as an instruction manual.  I cannot use it only as a map to life and a guide for how I am supposed to be.  I must read it as an introduction to you, a partial autobiography, as it were, a story to paint the picture of who you are.   I must find the real Jesus who's heart was so filled with love as to create the beauty of this world.  I must look for your essence in the pages so that I can come to know you.  Isn't that what you want?  Isn't that the purpose after all is said and done.  
You created us, gave us a wonderful place to live, we messed up and had to be kicked out, but you still love us.  So you came to bring us back and fix our mess so that we could be together again.


This is love:  
Creation - expression 
Redemption - value 
Communion - purpose


I think that if we miss that, we've missed everything.
All the rest in between just allows us to see what extent you are willing to go to in order to have us back.


What love is this, that you would risk everything to rescue us?
The greatest love possible, that desires to have us together, united as one once again.  Love will do what ever is necessary to have it's way.  You are Love and you are so great that you're wild and fierce and even dangerous.  Our hearts - the object of that love.  This is an all consuming jealous love that must have it's way.  And it will.


The bridegroom will come soon.
He will bring us to the Father for the wedding.
We will feast together united at last, at his table.
And yes, we will live happily ever after.....


In the meantime, let me devour your word and allow it to become part of me.  Let it be the part of me that knows your love more than I know anything else.  Let me not simply keep the rules, but let me live with your love in my heart guiding every step and every decision I make.  From the light of your love in my heart I can see the right path, and my steps will be toward that ultimate union with you.


Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 

...because it reveals who you are, how you feel about me, and why you do the things you do.  And this shows me the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment