About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3/20/12 when you find yourself on the dark side of the moon

a few days ago my friend Tracy told me about Levi her 7 yr old son getting angry with Jesus

he got angry about a video game, frustrated, 
and because Jesus is in control he got angry at Jesus
then he felt so bad he cried about it.
this precious child's heart hurt because of his anger at Jesus.  anger at Love.
he is amazing - Levi
so is his mom who assured him that Jesus was big enough to handle him being angry at him.

I refuse to play the religious game of putting on a front that Jesus is so nice to me and he's made my life wonderful and I just love him and everybody and everything is just peachy.
bull!
that's the kind of hogwash that turned the vast majority of people away from Christianity.
people want, no NEED real!  if you are not living Truth and honesty then you're living a lie.
Christianity is not a fairy tale.  and it's not for the weak timid or fearful.  Levi is none of these.

so for some honesty:
I find myself in this place of discontent
there is a sense of nothingness, which is very lonely, but more-so numbness.
it feels like I'm in limbo actually
and in my life being in 'limbo' is a synonym for being alone and feeling abandoned
and the problem with that is that this feeling is there because something needs to come out
it's building up in me and I fear it will explode. 
I don't know what's going to come out.
right now I don't feel as if I can make any decisions, or function actually, until the limbo is resolved.
I'm afraid of what is behind the limbo.  afraid of the monster that it hides.

I am angry 
and just like Levi I am angry at Jesus.
Anger
poisonous anger that can't be contained forever... rage
and since I don't know what else to do just now, I'll write it out here......

I know that is the stopper that is holding me back from feeling anything
I know that it's rage that has been the monster I've spent my whole life trying to keep imprisoned and under control.
suffice it to say that there's lots of things from my past that I could spend eons explaining as to why there is such rage.
but I will not spew garbage and filth at anyone
which is, in a nutshell, the problem

how to get it out without hurting anyone else

of course Jesus is the safe and appropriate one to talk to about it.
but here's the deal.  
this monster is and has been driving me forever.  it's been the impetus that gave me the need to develop such strength.  fear of allowing it control has caused me to be constantly vigilant in my treatment of others.  it has caused me to guard my heart and the hearts of others as well.
I do not ever want to hurt anyone the way I was hurt.  I will protect everyone from the monster no matter what.
the result of this on me has been to stuff everything.  it's been to take responsibility for everything as if it were my own choice (because if I did not choose it then I had no power and I would be worse than dead) 
and in stuffing and taking responsibility for all the damage done to me I was able to function.  I was able to allow my heart to love in spite of it. 

you see love was the ultimate prize.  and in spite of everything I knew that to be true.

but there is this conundrum within me (well, more than one I’m sure) that cannot justify being abandoned.
people say that they love another enough to give their life for them.  this is seen as, and indeed is very honorable.
but I have wondered if that is truly ultimate love.   as it's been touted to be.
because in my life it seems far too easy to give up life and be done with it rather than to stay in the trenches and fight for another.  I think that to give up one's life for another in ultimate love is really to stand with them through the junk of life no matter what. 
stuff that makes you dirty and wears on your patience and stretches you to the limit seems a far weightier price for love than to leave after one act, even if it is an heroic act, to me.

and so

I’m angry at Jesus
I must admit it
oh, I love him with all my heart to be sure
but I’m angry at him
and I think probably at everyone else who's ever left me.
or perhaps more precisely everyone else who's never been there for me.

there was a lot of anger even in the beginning
I’d even call it rage
it either had to be controlled or unleashed on innocent people and things around me
I’m thankful that I chose to control it
I’m thankful that my heart could hold it back and hold love at the same time
I am thankful that I was given the strength to be able to do that

but rage seeps out in ways a person is not even aware of...
when I say that I have no idea how I was able to raise my two children on my own and have them become such wonderful people, I’m not just saying that 
I honestly do not recall huge pieces of time in my life
I’ve bottled up this rage for so long that something had to give
and I would not allow it to be anger against those I love
even though I know at times it came out in spite of that desire
this anger turned inward expressed itself in depression and a lot of excess weight.

I’m angry at Jesus right now
because; of all the people in existence he - he should not have abandoned me by giving his life and then leaving.
there.  I’ve said it.
I know the Holy Spirit is here.
I know that Jesus loves me
I know I know I know
but my heart still feels abandoned
and I’m so very tired of fighting the battles of life all alone

religion would have me pretend all is well
humanism would have me will it to be different
psychology would have me isolated or 12 stepping
medicine would have me medicated

Jesus 
I think Jesus would have me in community with others that honestly know him and love him and love me.  Jesus would have us all holding each other up, together sharing the burdens of life.  Bravehearts for one another. 

then talking this out with her, Cheryl said to me today that Jesus is fighting daily for me
that he's in the trenches getting dirty and bloodied right there where I need him.  
fighting - for me.
that is an image that brings tears to my eyes
I want desperately to believe that.

this is the dark side of the moon where sunlight does not fall and darkness rules.
but it is not my home

and I weep as Levi did because I cannot fathom holding this awful anger in my heart at the same time as love, because Jesus lives there.
 and I whisper a prayer....
Jesus, Please let love prevail.







No comments:

Post a Comment