About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

lost child


I lost a child I never knew

carried in my womb for 5 months

The sudden bloody hemorrhage sent me into shock,

a comfort for the words to come, no movement, no heartbeat, no life.

 "We must remove him now".

And grief is such an inadequate word to describe the tsunami of emotional pain that followed.

Life hollow and meaningless for so many years afterwards.

Many many years later I am comforted by the truth of knowing that he is with God.

Being told that at the time was meaningless.  I had no sense of God at that time and no care to.

But now the grief long spent is replaced with anticipation and joy.

For I know without a doubt that when at last I leave this earth I’ll see him face to face and hold him in my 

arms for the first time to give him the love I've held in my heart for him all these years.


No comments:

Post a Comment