About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

heart wound



I'm hurting today. Arrows I've long since thought were removed from my heart are newly bleeding wounds. 
Trying to figure out how to love my mom.  Trying to figure out how to keep my heart safe in the process.  It's not working.  I miss my daddy so much.  He was a buffer between us.  He loved me.  She admitted not loving me like she loves my brothers.  She said it was because of the circumstances of my conception.  She touts her unwillingness to give me up as evidence of her love for me.  (someone had wanted to adopt my older brother and I when we were very young and she refused).  But i think of her as a 3 year old now days and realize that no 3 yr old would willingly give up her dollies.  We were hers and she would not let someone take us away.  I doubt love entered into that equation - more like selfishness if you ask me.

So she emailed me a couple of weeks ago telling me that she was going to relieve my stress by taking back the power of attorney that I have for her.  The ploy was that it would take the burden of caring for her off of my shoulders.  I was insulted.  I got angry.  She does not know me at all.  There is a reason that my dad had me appointed as power of attorney for them both.  It is because I'm the most trust worthy and responsible of my siblings both financially, medically, and relationally.  I have never used this 'power' to take anything from either her or my dad.  I have never used it at all.  It is there as a precaution and for her protection against anyone that might try to take advantage of her.  So yes I was hurt and insulted and it made me angry.  So when I spoke to her and the real reason for her actions, or threat, was because she felt like I did not like her and that it was blatantly clear.  I agreed.  I did not deny it.  I do not like her at all.  She is false and manipulative and childish and selfish and thinks of no one but herself.  And I told her so.  I also told her that if she did that then it would leave her vulnerable to whoever might think they had a right to come in and 'handle' her finances and her business affairs.  

It has been tense between us ever since.  I cannot pretend that I feel any differently and I won't put on a show.
I told my little brother about it.  I told him about how I was conceived, how she never loved me, how she is.

He is here now to visit.  I'm glad.  But my mom is putting on quite a show.  She is acting as if nothing was said at all between us.  They had me over for dinner two times this week, no three.  I can't even make myself talk to her or even look at her.  She is my mother that never was a mother.  She does not know how to love.  She knows how to make it look like it, at least to others.  So now maybe I just look crazy.  I don't know.

I am going to get away from her I think.  Sell my house and move closer to my daughter.  Is this wrong?  Will it help?  What about when she becomes incapable of self care?  I do not know.

Right now all I know is that my heart is bloodied once again with this deep pain of wanting to be loved by a mother who never wanted me. 

I'll be ok.  I always have been, sort of.  I feel more distant than ever from my heart as it tries to build yet another layer on the cocoon that's it's bandage and long time home.  

Oh Jesus comfort me, my heart; my soul reaches out to you for the only love I've ever known.
I need you now more than ever, more than yesterday, more than a lifetime of yesterdays.  

My only hope is in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment