About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Deep, Light, Sigh!


I am deep
I call to deep
Swift waters running through caverns in the dark
swirling cool and clear
light flashing through the open sky seen from windows in high vaults hewn from solid rock
strength and flexibility soft and ever flowing ever changing
depth unplumbed unknown unfathomed
some mystery some clarity some tenderness some lonely call to the sea where home lies.
Shall I make it there?
Or will I wither into a foggy mist taken by the wind to mountains far away?

Who will drink
Who will come to taste the sweetness to be found?
Is the effort not worth the goodness?
Will thirst not prevail and bring you?
Deep calls to you.


I am light
I call to light
dancing shifting shining through space and time brilliant and full of colour
bouncing reflecting floating about, penetrating the dark effortlessly
joy strength and warmth I bring, illuminating and lifting faster than a blink
I do not end.
I do not weaken
only the eye forgets to perceive, as far I travel
No one can capture me
My reach is ever growing.
I'm like no other.
Who will come to play with me?
I am reflection of creator.


the many facets we are made of
and how if one only focuses on a single facet
they miss out on the others
perhaps better?
perhaps not
but so much of us goes unnoticed
and unappreciated
and does not all of our beauty yearn to be seen?
we are made to shine
to be noticed
to be reflections of God himself

how far we are from home
from who we were made to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment