About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Monday, September 10, 2012

09/10/12 sanity


Today I woke to another dark predawn morning.  Fall is in the air, crisp and cool this morning.  It may have rained last nite but the sky is clear and the black field with sparkling stars brightly shining looks closer than usual. 

There is a turning, change, a bit of a feeling of loss, slightly uneasy as time rolls on and runs out of this year’s summer.  
I am restless again.  Nothing is happening fast enough or slow enough for me to get used to it.  I want to scream.  

God, oh God where are you?  What is it all for?  I’m board and lonely again and all I can see in the future is more of the same.  All the efforts I even choose to do (not to mention those I’m holding myself responsible for not doing) are in vain.  Clean or not clean, what difference will it make?  Stay fat or lose weight, what difference will it make?  Am I not the same person inside?  Am I not still lazy lonely and board?  

The world changes and time goes on and I am still still still here in the place where You left me.  What good does anything in my life do?  Ok that’s not fair because what I really mean is what good ‘for me’ does anything in my life do?  It gets me no closer to you. 

Black skied mornings are rolling by one by one until they are a blur.  Weekends of sleeping till daylight are only slightly different but bring more time for reflection and dismay at how swiftly this life is fleeting by.   

Yes Jesus I love you.  But oh how I hate the numbness of being ‘normal’ that comes from medication.  I hate not feeling you when I awake, hearing your voice deep within my heart and knowing beyond knowing that you are there.  

I miss your presence. 

Is this the price of sanity?



1 comment:

  1. Ok
    I’m not alone, my friend feels it too, she said it was slight fear.
    I’m not exactly fearful
    but uneasy
    idk what it is
    I usually love love love the crisp air of the fall, relief from the heat of summer
    but there is a sadness too
    but yeah
    I just want to scream
    there is tension
    For me every season that changes reminds me of my age and of being yet another year still alone
    and yet I am not really truly wanting anyone around
    I want to hibernate
    like, ok Jesus, just wake me when something important is gonna happen, otherwise can't I just sleep through this nothingness?
    What happened to passion? Just now I don't have an ounce of passion
    none

    It makes me wonder if it's kind of like the darkness just before the dawn
    or the quiet just before the bombs go off
    Yes, something is up, something is sapping us
    Is it another test coming our way, perhaps
    oh God I hope not
    I’m so tired
    I’m so very tired
    There are spiritual walls that we hold up - we're not even aware that we are doing it
    We are keeping out a vast army of darkness from our families, and it's exhausting
    and it makes us feel as though we are losing the battle.
    It's constant...
    but we're not losing the battle.
    Hold on.
    Hold on.
    Jesus? Do you have me?



1 comment: