About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

07-15-12 winsome yearning



His voice whispers softly and tenderly from a place deep within my heart, I know it well
On days when I awake and smell the summer rain I feel His presence while sipping my coffee looking out over the pasture listening to birds and watching the breeze blowing golden leaves dancing dancing caressing and embracing spinning all the way to the ground.

I delight in knowing I am not alone though my companions are 4 footed friends.  We breathe in the beauty and restfulness of the bounty that is our home thankful for every moment and every scene He has given us.  
Yet my heart is restless and a little sad.  I wonder that I feel this way with all I have to fill it up.  It feels a little like I am ungrateful but that is so untrue.  I know that if I never have a husband that my life is full of love and I am content with the way it is.  But is it a lie to feel a lack?  Is it a lie to want more than my 4 footed companions to fill my days?  More than the eternal love of my Father and that my husband/creator Jesus has given me?  I can only believe that He has made me with this desire and that one day it will either pass or be fulfilled.

In the mean time strong embraces come from the deep waters of my heart to tell me that I'm loved beyond any earthly love could fulfill.  Winsome smiles from an unseen face, music played by hands and heart of the lover of my soul.  I do not think that he would disdain my desires, but for my own heart's good withhold what could come between us.

Earth is not my home and though I do so enjoy the bounty given me there is longing that is perhaps for that place and time when we are united once and for all in eternity.

So I sit with coffee on the front porch looking out over what beauty has been given me and long for the day when I see those eyes and feel the touch of the only true love my heart has ever known.  It is enough to have this - and know it I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment