About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

No Sunday person...

God is not some Sunday person I go to visit.
He is not an imaginary friend or 'Sugar Daddy' in the sky.
And
He's not a Father that sits in judgment of my every move waiting to hit me with a stick if I waver from what for some are seemingly His ever more strict guidelines.
He does not punish me for mistakes that I make.
I am not the object of scorn or wrath or anger or even disappointment.

I am loved.
I am cherished.
I am honored as His own.
I am protected.
I am desired.
I am delighted in.
I am wanted.
I am an endless source of His delight.

Not because of me, but because of Him
He made me to be all those things.
He made me so that I am unpredictable, unique, individually who I am, and it is good.

His love is never withheld because of my choices.
He wants only the intimacy of knowing that I trust and know His heart towards me.
He wants my love.
And He has it.

The closer I get to His heart, the more I realize how vast His love is and how long it will take to plumb its depths.
The more I know Him, the more in awe I am over it.
There is no fear in trusting Him.
I delight in living in and from His love.
Life could not be more secure, no matter the circumstances that come my way.
Nothing can separate me from His love.


No comments:

Post a Comment