About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

There are things and times in life that transcend thought and time which override emotion and feelings and erase all reaction to situations.  So it is with me right now.  I have a new grandson, Gabriel James Lennon.
He was born on Dec. 28th at 8 am and his mom handed him to me only hours after his birth.
It is amazing to me that such a small new little person has so much power in the world. My heart was immediately caught and won by him. No wink or flirt or coo even necessary, just that he is.  We are made from the imagination of God and in his image.  It is fitting to be instantly in love when this miracle of giving birth occurs in our families.  What treasure is ours to have been given the capacity to create this flesh of our flesh and bone of our bone - another human being.



Tracy had an ah-ha moment the other day and shared it with me, and I share it here as well.  That just as we are created to be like our God, our actions mimic his in so many ways.  Considering the act of creation, and the preparation that went into making a suitable - no - a glorious place for humans to reside; how an expecting mother makes preparation for her new child gathering the best and most precious things for her baby to be welcomed into the world to.  Nesting is what we call it.  Jesus had some massive nesting to do prior to our arrival didn't he.  And what a wonderful nest he made for us.

I find my heart expanding lately. My daughter tells me that she gets it now...  the long hugs, tender looks...
She will always be my little girl, my baby.  She has her own baby now and she says that she understands how much those touches and looks mean.  I laugh at her because I know her heart is now - like mine - expanding.

I am thankful for such simple insights and the depth of the blessings of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment