About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

05/17/12 the good old days

I love that song by the Judds, Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days.
I heard it the other day and it made me cry.
I lost my dad in 2009 and partly the song brings back memories of him and how life was when I was a kid.
It was not too much like the song other than to say that my dad's words were dependable.  If he said it he did it.  He was the rock in my life.
But something else was in there, a haunting for a time I've never really known.
I've caught glimpses of it, to be truthful.  But most of all, my heart has been searching all along for.......

This morning I was talking to Jesus and telling him how much I love him.
It is so amazing to me still to be so loved.  Every time I recall it, I am blown away.
In contemplation and worship I began to think it's so much more like a fairy tale story than reality.
And my heart put it all together - into something like this:

Father, tell me of the greatest love story.
Where nothing else is more important than connecting heart to heart.
Where nobility and courage and sacrifice are signs of pure love and devotion.
And nothing can come between or ever diminish what is eternal and forever binding.
Tell me how that love created all things beautiful, magnificent, majestic, and lovely.
How everything was perfect wonderful and flawless.
I want to hear about the generosity and depth of that love, how it gave every precious thing - gifts for precious love.
And how all was right in the world, nothing evil, wrong or bad.

Then Father, I must be told of the tragedy when that love was rejected.
How deceit found its way into the lovers heart and turned your love away.
I want to know about the pain of that loss, the torture of longing, the despair of betrayal.
The depth of the anguish felt for what must then become separation.
And the feeling of heartache for the innocence trust and openness now lost.

But then tell me about the rescue, the devotion to restoration, the unconditional search for reconciliation.
How nothing will stop this noble love from his pursuit of the beloved.
Tell me to what lengths that he will go to find her again and woo her and win her back.
I want to hear of the danger and adventure and daring and sacrifice and the long hard journey fought in a  desperate impossible situation - overcome because nothing else matters but true love.
What about the enemy and the schemes to thwart this love, deceitful diabolical powerful malevolent abhorrence of all the beauty that could be.  His jealousy and hatred of the beloved and the purity of their love.
Tell me of the secret plan: the undercover mission into treacherous territory that was the stronghold of the enemy.  How one small slip and all would have been lost, but how, with success, everything was to be gained.
What about the hero who came in disguise and fought gallantly with his whole heart.
How he came through when it seemed it was certain that he would lose and love would forever be lost.
And I need to hear of the battle, bloody and painful, shameful and disgusting, with the twisted lies of the betrayal in what seemed to be the end of hope.

Oh I want to hear of the band of friends who aided him in his quest and the bond that love formed between them; of their journey together to bring love back.  And when all seemed lost, how did they feel at that moment?  What was in their hearts?  Did they know the incredible depth of the weight of the situation?  Were they aware of what was really at risk?  Did their hearts fail them when everything appeared to be ending?

Father, now tell me of the victory, of the hero winning the battle.  Tell me how he overcame the enemy and conquered against all odds.  Tell me about how love is stronger than even death.  How love can overcome anything and everything no matter what.

And the best part Daddy!  Tell me of the plan of reuniting love once lost.  Of the mighty love that would never give up, never give in, never leave or forsake.  What is to come and what will be the rest of the story?  How will it happen?  Tell me of a happily ever after ending that is to come one day, and of all the glorious times that will be spent together at last, never again to be apart.  Where time fades away and all that is left is belonging - together - experiencing this unbridled love forever.



I love this story.
I long to be swept away in the heart of it.
I cherish knowing that it is not a fairy tale, but the most true thing above all else.
Jesus I am astonished at your love for me.
It amazes me, engulfs me, covers me, surrounds me, lifts me up, drives me, inspires me, devours me.
This love story of your heart is more than I can fathom or comprehend in my mind, but my heart - my heart knows it to be true.
I love you Jesus.
I adore you.

I don't want to dissect the story and look for hidden meanings.  I want to languish in the bliss of knowing that I am the love fought for.  The love that you've gone to the extreme to in order to reconnect with.  I want to relish every moment of your sacrifice, your determination, your devotion, your faithfulness, your commitment, your tender mercy and forgiveness, your compassion, your zeal, your passion.  Your heart.

Beyond my wildest imagination and understanding, I am loved by you.
Yes, I love this story.






No comments:

Post a Comment