About Me

My photo
Hi I am a Christian, a nurse, the mother of two grown children and two grand daughters, one grandson, and 3 dogs. I love people and have a huge heart. So why am I blogging? Well I've been told that I need to publish my writings. This seemed to be the easiest way to do that. Also, I want to get out there and live life to the fullest. Empty nests are great because now I get to explore the world. I'm starting right here on my computer. So come along with me and as I learn to fly we'll soar together!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

04/19/2012 love lost matters



Sorrow comes in waves

As I recall precious memories that I’m unwilling to abandon

Too close to my heart to let go of

So painful to picture because of the beauty of those moments

I don’t want to let them go

I don’t want to lose the importance of their impact on my heart

I don’t want them to fade into nothingness

They mattered

The love I received mattered

It helped to give my heart substance to build on

Love showed me the way

Knowing that there is no more, even if just temporarily

Does not ease the pain of this loss

It gives me hope for a future

But my heart still aches

And that ache honors the love given to me

It acknowledges that something important and worthwhile and precious was lost

Somehow allowing myself to feel this pain makes it better

Because – to ignore it or not to allow it, would be a disservice to that love

Pain shows how much that love was worth

It is the counterpart to the joy of having them in my life

They mattered in a significant way

Love matters

Love lost also matters

Grieving is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment